It’s truly amazing how something as simple as getting your hair cut and highlighted can bring such happiness to your life. Girls–you know what I’m talking about. After being out in the bush for the past 2 months, and living the life of un-girly like hygiene….sitting in that salon chair and getting my hair washed, cut, coloured, and blow-dried was heaven! I came out of there feeling like a whole new person. It’s the small things in life that bring us the most happiness, and I’m living proof of that. I just spent the most pleasurable 2 hours doing what most people think nothing of. Living accross the world, in a village where there is only one person who can cut “white” hair brings you to the place where getting a haircut is no longer taken for granted….its a priviledge!
August 16, 2007
About Maureen Hochdorf
Writer. Editor. High Techi. Non-Profit Founder. Traveler. Sports Lover. Star Wars Fanatic. Tel Aviver. Michigander.... View all posts by Maureen Hochdorf
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 16th, 2007 at 07:29 and tagged with Random Thoughts and posted in Random Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can subscribe at the bottom of the page with the Subscribe RSS button.
- Nooooo! 😢🏀💚 twitter.com/espn/status/97… 1 day ago
- RT @marchmadness: A moment he'll never forget 〽️ #MarchMadness https://t.co/nwpMzCUvQh 2 days ago
- Go #Michigan!! 🏀💛💙🏀 twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 2 days ago
- RT @bigbangtheory: In loving memory of Stephen Hawking. It was an honor to have him on The #BigBangTheory. Thank you for inspiring us and t… 6 days ago
- #Netflix Dirty Money episode about the Canadian Maple Sugar Heist was the most boring yet fascinating episode. I co… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
Look who’s commenting…y aren’t u?
Popular topicsAnimals Arabic Beach Bible Birthday blogging Books Botswana Cape Town Chanukah Children Christmas Coffee Communication Culture Death Entertainment Family Fashion Food Friends Friendship Fun Furlough Games Gaza Health Hebrew Holidays Holocaust Homeless Israel Jaffa Jerusalem Jewish culture Jewish traditions languages Life Life on the Outside Love Memories Missions Music My Musings News Newsletters Pets Photography Pictures Prayer Public Transportation Random Thoughts Reading Reflections Refugees Relationships Religion Rhodes School Shoes South Africa Sports Star Wars Stress Sudanese Teaching Tel Aviv Thanksgiving TIA Transportation Travel TV War Weather Writing
- 81,019 hits