Sunday was the official Botswana Independence Day. The country has been free from British rule for 41 years now. Even though the country is a free, democratic nation, there is still much work to be done, especially on the spiritual front. We awoke to a headline in the paper that 2 babies had been found dumped: one in a bag in the river and one on the banks of the river. As a mission, we are desperately trying to get the permission of the government to get our “baby house” up and running. We would be able to house these abandoned babies, until suitable families were found for them. This is a spiritual battle to say the least! We are so happy to celebrate the independance with the country, but we also know that its not over yet! The fight for lives continues, and that is why we are here.
October 2, 2007
Happy Independence Day Botswana!!!
About Maureen Hochdorf
Writer. Editor. High Techi. Non-Profit Founder. Traveler. Sports Lover. Star Wars Fanatic. Tel Aviver. Michigander.... View all posts by Maureen Hochdorf
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007 at 09:21 and tagged with Botswana, Holidays and posted in Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Happy Independence Day Botswana!!!”
You can subscribe at the bottom of the page with the Subscribe RSS button.
- Both my schools in the Top 5! #MSU & #ASU! 🏀😊 twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 5 days ago
- RT @TourGuideAaron: The Western Wall Menorah getting polished up for #Hanukkah https://t.co/DXL1iqu4cC 6 days ago
- RT @USCGJerusalem: 🚨Security Message for U.S. Citizens: We advise U.S. citizens in, or considering travel to, Jerusalem, the West Bank or G… 1 week ago
- And so it begins - multiple rockets just shot into southern Israel. 😳 1 week ago
- RT @LTCPeterLerner: Woke up to see that there were multiple reports of sirens sounding in southern #Israel. Appears that they were triggere… 1 week ago
Look who’s commenting…y aren’t u?
Popular topicsAnimals Arabic Beach Bible Birthday blogging Books Botswana Cape Town Chanukah Children Christmas Coffee Communication Culture Death Entertainment Family Fashion Food Friends Friendship Fun Furlough Games Gaza Health Hebrew Holidays Holocaust Homeless Israel Jaffa Jerusalem Jewish culture Jewish traditions languages Life Life on the Outside Love Memories Missions Music My Musings News Newsletters Pets Photography Pictures Prayer Public Transportation Random Thoughts Reading Reflections Refugees Relationships Religion Rhodes School Shoes South Africa Sports Star Wars Stress Sudanese Teaching Tel Aviv Thanksgiving TIA Transportation Travel TV War Weather Writing
- 80,893 hits