Jodi had her first TIA experience with her arrival here. To make a long story short, once she got to J’burg, South Africa, disaster hit, and her flights were canceled, delayed, missed, and everything in between. She was re-routed to Gaborone (the capitol city of Botswana)….the flight from there to Maun was canceled. She had to book a new flight…and after 2 1/2 days of travel and no luggage, she finally arrived! It was an exhausting experience for her, with no help from any of the African airlines, but she made it and now can say she understands first hand the joy of the “African Way” of doing things. I’m just glad she is here and safe 🙂
December 7, 2007
About Maureen Hochdorf
Writer. Editor. High Techi. Non-Profit Founder. Traveler. Sports Lover. Star Wars Fanatic. Tel Aviver. Michigander.... View all posts by Maureen Hochdorf
This entry was posted on Friday, December 7th, 2007 at 08:09 and tagged with Friends, TIA, Travel and posted in Life on the Outside. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can subscribe at the bottom of the page with the Subscribe RSS button.
- Nooooo! 😢🏀💚 twitter.com/espn/status/97… 18 hours ago
- RT @marchmadness: A moment he'll never forget 〽️ #MarchMadness https://t.co/nwpMzCUvQh 1 day ago
- Go #Michigan!! 🏀💛💙🏀 twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 1 day ago
- RT @bigbangtheory: In loving memory of Stephen Hawking. It was an honor to have him on The #BigBangTheory. Thank you for inspiring us and t… 5 days ago
- #Netflix Dirty Money episode about the Canadian Maple Sugar Heist was the most boring yet fascinating episode. I co… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
Look who’s commenting…y aren’t u?
Popular topicsAnimals Arabic Beach Bible Birthday blogging Books Botswana Cape Town Chanukah Children Christmas Coffee Communication Culture Death Entertainment Family Fashion Food Friends Friendship Fun Furlough Games Gaza Health Hebrew Holidays Holocaust Homeless Israel Jaffa Jerusalem Jewish culture Jewish traditions languages Life Life on the Outside Love Memories Missions Music My Musings News Newsletters Pets Photography Pictures Prayer Public Transportation Random Thoughts Reading Reflections Refugees Relationships Religion Rhodes School Shoes South Africa Sports Star Wars Stress Sudanese Teaching Tel Aviv Thanksgiving TIA Transportation Travel TV War Weather Writing
- 81,013 hits