Last night we went to my brothers softball game (in which they won the championship, by the way… Congrats!) It brought back memories for me of playing and being a part of a team like that. I really haven’t played any type of organized sports since about college, and I realized last night that I kinda miss it. Living on the mission field, there aren’t many opportunities to play sports. Once in a while in Brasil we would play beach volleyball or futebol, but just for fun…not as an organized team. I never played any sports in Africa. I love living on the mission field in other countries, don’t get me wrong; but there are certain things you give up in doing so. I honestly haven’t missed it like this until now, but I guess thats because I haven’t been around it. Now that I’m actually in the mix of going to games again, its bringing it all back. I guess I better enjoy it while I can! 🙂
July 15, 2008
About Maureen Hochdorf
Writer. Editor. High Techi. Non-Profit Founder. Traveler. Sports Lover. Star Wars Fanatic. Tel Aviver. Michigander.... View all posts by Maureen Hochdorf
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 at 11:17 and tagged with Family, Furlough, Softball, Sports and posted in Furlough. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can subscribe at the bottom of the page with the Subscribe RSS button.
- 😢😢 twitter.com/israelhatzolah… 1 week ago
- Becoming a Mother: 6 Months Later israelibliss.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/bec… #momlife #baby #motherhood 2 weeks ago
- Hilarious! "I don't know who that was." 🤣😂🤣😂 twitter.com/usatoday/statu… 2 weeks ago
- Traveling Alone with a Newborn: 10 Tips to Get You Through Your Adventure passportinhand.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/tra… #momlife #traveltips #travel #baby 3 weeks ago
- RT @Reuters: Blast kills 19 at UK Ariana Grande concert, police treating as 'terror' reut.rs/2qb9gmU https://t.co/yUmE9lV7y6 1 month ago
Look who’s commenting…y aren’t u?
Popular topicsAnimals Arabic Beach Bible Birthday blogging Books Botswana Cape Town Chanukah Children Christmas Coffee Communication Culture Death Entertainment Family Fashion Food Friends Friendship Fun Furlough Games Gaza Health Hebrew Holidays Holocaust Homeless Israel Jaffa Jerusalem Jewish culture Jewish traditions languages Life Life on the Outside Love Memories Missions Music My Musings News Newsletters Pets Photography Pictures Prayer Public Transportation Random Thoughts Reading Reflections Refugees Relationships Religion Rhodes School Shoes South Africa Sports Star Wars Stress Sudanese Teaching Tel Aviv Thanksgiving TIA Transportation Travel TV War Weather Writing
- 80,674 hits