One aspect of life I struggle with is unconditional love, or more specifically showing that type of love. Being back home, I am seeing first hand the issues my parents have been going through with my younger brother and sister. Its easy to love family when you are miles away and across the world; prayer is really the only thing you can actively do. When you are in the mix of it though, its a bit different. Its so frustrating to look at the lifestyle my younger sister is living, when I disapprove of so much of what she does. I get so upset and angry at the choices she makes, knowing how it can affect her present and future. If I try to say anything to her, she gets mad, defensive, and yells back. If I say nothing, I feel like I’m not doing my sisterly duty of trying to reach her. Its rough. A huge part of me likes living so far away, so I don’t have to get involved…but while I’m here, how do I show love to her? Its the question that brings so much controversy into many debates today: How do you show love to the person without condoning the particular behavior? Its something I’m trying to come to grips with.
July 20, 2008
About Maureen Hochdorf
Writer. Editor. High Techi. Non-Profit Founder. Traveler. Sports Lover. Star Wars Fanatic. Tel Aviver. Michigander.... View all posts by Maureen Hochdorf
This entry was posted on Sunday, July 20th, 2008 at 15:20 and tagged with Family, Love, Relationships and posted in Random Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
4 responses to “Tough Love”
You can subscribe at the bottom of the page with the Subscribe RSS button.
- Both my schools in the Top 5! #MSU & #ASU! 🏀😊 twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 5 days ago
- RT @TourGuideAaron: The Western Wall Menorah getting polished up for #Hanukkah https://t.co/DXL1iqu4cC 6 days ago
- RT @USCGJerusalem: 🚨Security Message for U.S. Citizens: We advise U.S. citizens in, or considering travel to, Jerusalem, the West Bank or G… 1 week ago
- And so it begins - multiple rockets just shot into southern Israel. 😳 1 week ago
- RT @LTCPeterLerner: Woke up to see that there were multiple reports of sirens sounding in southern #Israel. Appears that they were triggere… 1 week ago
Look who’s commenting…y aren’t u?
Popular topicsAnimals Arabic Beach Bible Birthday blogging Books Botswana Cape Town Chanukah Children Christmas Coffee Communication Culture Death Entertainment Family Fashion Food Friends Friendship Fun Furlough Games Gaza Health Hebrew Holidays Holocaust Homeless Israel Jaffa Jerusalem Jewish culture Jewish traditions languages Life Life on the Outside Love Memories Missions Music My Musings News Newsletters Pets Photography Pictures Prayer Public Transportation Random Thoughts Reading Reflections Refugees Relationships Religion Rhodes School Shoes South Africa Sports Star Wars Stress Sudanese Teaching Tel Aviv Thanksgiving TIA Transportation Travel TV War Weather Writing
- 80,893 hits