Ok, more food! But come on…holidays are about the eating, right?!? Potato latkes are another common food eaten during Chanukah, and what a surprise….a fried one!
To add something different I thought I would give you the receipe on how to make them….
What you’ll need:
- 2 peeled potatoes
- 1 peeled onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper
- sour cream
1. Grate potatoes and onions into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl add the eggs, milk, butter and blend.
3. Then add the flour, salt, and pepper and mix.
4. Drop spoon-sized amounts on the skillet.
5. Spread out to make a pancake-type shape.
6. Flip over until both sides are nice and golden-brown.
7. Serve with sour cream.
Tomorrow: African Chanukah