I am already being asked by many what my favorite or most memorable Africa experience has been. As I sit and reflect back, its difficult to just pick one or two. There are so many wonderful, incredible things that happened, so I decided to pick my top 10. I have blogged about some of them, but feel free to go back and enjoy the memories with me again. Here goes… Letterman style:
10. My trip to Cape Town: Mountains, Ocean, Beaches, Penguins…awesome!
9. Grocery shopping with Rishelle for Teen Mania. 500 loaves of bread, kg’s and kg’s of rice, mealie-pap, and lots and lots of shopping carts. We had some great laughs.
8. Safari’s: elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras…I never get tired of seeing these amazing creatures.
7. Easter Conference in Namibia: traveling with youth on a mission trip…you’re only asking for awesome memories there.
6. The houseworkers asking for Bible’s: I will never forget the look on their faces and the bond we experienced that day.
5. Hungry, Hungry Hippos: If you don’t remember the story, click here. Personally, I will NEVER forget it!
4. My time at the Refugee Camp in Dukwe: It was my first experience at a Refugee camp, and one that changed my heart for refugees.
3. The summer of breakdowns: From the outreach trucks to R2, there wasn’t a moment that someone wasn’t on the side of a road out in the bush; while sleeping there in the middle of the migration pattern with Teen Mania kids had to top it off…. which leads me to #2
2. Rat in the gastank: This has to be one of the all time great stories of breakdowns.
1. Samaritan’s Purse Day: An image that will stay with me forever. Seeing thousands of kids opening up their shoeboxes filled with small tokens and the smiles on their faces. Priceless!