Living in the desert doesn’t exactly spell success for all things Pumpkin, especially when its still in the high 80’s/low 90’s…. so you can imagine my bliss when I received a package in the mail from my friend, Crystal, containing Pumpkin Goodies!!!
Pumpkin Syrup from Caribou Coffee, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin Bread Mix from Pillsbury, and not to mention Coffee Beans as well! The GREAT PUMPKIN STRIKES AGAIN!!!
If you didn’t know before, you know now…. I love boots!
Moving to Israel only allowed me to only bring the necessities with me, which also meant only bringing one pair of boots with me and leaving a whole tub full behind.
This morning my nephew went out to the shed where all my tubs are and pulled out the one with my boots. It was a happy reunion for me, seeing my precious footwear again. AND, just in time too…its rainy, cold and dreary outside: perfect weather for wearing boots EVERY DAY!
I’ve been waiting for this day for over a month now… as the anticipation has grown, so has the list of things I am looking forward to during my visit. My flight leaves today, and after 12 hours in Paris, I will continue my journey back home. Here is my Top 10 List for What I’m Looking Forward To Most:
10. Fall! The colors of the leaves, smell of the night, and a bit cooler weather (though not too cool, I hope!)
9. American Football! There’s nothing like college football games on a Saturday afternoon.
8. Mexican food! Enough said.
7. Speaking of food….The sequel of The Volcano Taco Eating Contest with Micheal, my nephew! I’m giving him another chance to redeem his loss from last year. (in case you missed it the first time around)
6. Riding my mom’s horses with her!
5. Not having ANY Hebrew classes for 3 weeks!
4. Taking LOOOOOONG, Hot showers! Not having to worry about the water crises and going beyond our limit.
3. Caribou Coffee! (or Starbucks as my backup)
2. Pumpkin Spice Latte’s! (or anything Pumpkin for that matter)
1. Spending time with my FAMILY! This is what I want MOST!
This year I have definately taken advantage of being home for the fall season. If you follow me on facebook, you have probably seen all my status updates dealing with the subject. There is no doubt about it… I have gotten my ‘pumpkin fix’ from drinking pumpkin spice lattes, eating pumpkin fudge, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin pie, roasting pumpkin seeds (and eating them too of coarse), and carving pumpkins.
The word ‘pumpkin’ is looking wierd to me now after writing it a million times.
So, in honor of the fall season coming to an end soon, and my delights with pumpkin products as well, lets try a pumpkin survey with the new poll feature on the blog.